Sunday, April 04, 2010

Tooth Fairy Woes

© 2007 Terri Marie
The Tooth Fairy’s alter ego

(Wrote this at the Northern Arizona Poetry salon a few years ago. It was published a few years ago and does sort of tie in with today, the joyous day of Easter. Hope it makes you smile. Happy Easter!)

I am the voice of the gnarly tooth fairy
I sound pretty squeaky like a spoiled canary

No one has heard me deliver the goods
When I take all those teeth, throw them out in the woods

My purse is loaded with the freight I must bear
To stealthfully leap in the room in midair

And lift countless feathered cloths from little limp faces
And leave only numbers in place of their braces

Oh I’ve woke a few, yes I have I must say
I’ve scared them to pieces so I ran away

Once the police thought me entering and breaking
I showed him all the teeth, the poor guy is still shaking

But whence in the morning the wee ones awake
They look for my visit, think I’ve made a mistake

For I’ve confused all those darn systems of money
And left pesos and lira, which I thought was real funny

But the head of the myth places was furious with me
And demoted me now to the Easter Bunny

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting. Very cute. I hope your day was lovely, and you had a visit from the Easter Bunny.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home