Thursday, July 08, 2010

Retreating Yourself


Once in awhile it is a good thing to
just drop everything, yes everything, and get away.
If you're like me, you probably work too
long and don't take nearly enough vacations.






That's why once a year I like to get away to
Sedona Mago Gardens, called "The Hometown for the Soul."

This place allows me to reminisce about who I am and
take time to reacquaint myself with the higher part of my being.

My soul rewards me with insight clarity and direction.

I admit it was hard to leave without a computer and
pack only a few things and a journal. But without
all the earth weight, my soul comes to life.

A new lightness lifts me out of a world of what
can become just heavy routines without it.

Do you find time for serenading your precious soul?
Don't let your soul take a backseat in your life journey.
You sweet soul can help you with every area of your life
if you keep the connection strong.

For a healthy soul I recommend the following mini retreats.

1. Daily take some time for just breathing.
When I get really stressed I notice I'm almost holding
my breath in a very ineffective effort to accomplish
the 50 million and a 1/2 things I want to tackle.
When I breath, things flow. My shoulders relax and
I can actually work longer at a more efficient rate -
which allows me to quit earlier.

2. Get up every hour.
Don't sit doing any project,
no matter how involved you are, or how focused for
more than 1 hour if you can help it. Get up. Move.
Breathe. And you'll prevent those nasty chair marks
on your butt and legs from getting too deep. :)

3. Shut your eyes.
Sometimes just shutting your
eyes and taking a few deep breaths can do more for
you than an hour of mindless trying to get away from
it all television. Closing your eyes and breathing
reconnects you to your whole soul. When the soul
takes over, more of what you really want to accomplish
in life can flow clearly again.
NOTE: Do not do this while driving etc.

When all else is not enough, retreat yourself into a
soul vacation. Even if you don't get yourself to a
retreat center (my first choice) do a mini retreat,
- a cup of tea, go for a walk at sunset, sit in a park
and read for an hour, give the dog an unexpected walk
or some playtime. Your soul will love you for
re-establishing and remembering the connection.


Your soul loves you deeply after all.

Wishing you wonderful fulfilling summer retreats.

Terri Marie

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home